Friday, February 24, 2006

Setting goals is important

When I was young I never thought I would grow up to be 29 , I was always going to be a fighter pilot or a vet or a mechanic or a dragon - never 29 – but as it turns out that’s what I grew up to be …..29 ………. ridiculously good looking and a super genius and very humble – but worlds apart from the road I started out on (not much need for fire breathing fighter pilots that can cure a sick dock with a Philips screw driver in today’s economy)

So anyway it all got me to thinking about the various milestones and goals I have set for myself over the years (you know the good old 5 year plan we all start out on when we enter the big bad world which eventually gets whittled down to a one hour plan and usually involves a nap ) …. and how the yard posts have changed and ideals have changed with each progressive year .

To illustrate:

Age : 2
Objective : To be 2 and half
Outcome : Accomplished and in only 6 months

Age : 4
Objective : To write my name
Outcome : Was know as “Loern” for a couple of months

Age : 16
Objective : Finish school
Outcome : done

Age : 19
Objective : Finish varsity
Outcome : done

Age : 25
Objective : Finish my beer
Outcome : Will one ever be finished their beer ???

Age : 27
Objective : Drink more beer
Outcome : Ongoing

And as you can see I always seem to have had a goal - So at the age of 29 I thought to myself (Myself ….. I thought) – I need a new purpose in life.…so here it is *drum roll* :

Age : 29
Objective : To be supreme ruler of earth and smiter of middle management
Outcome : As yet there have been no actual smitings

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I can write my name. That's good enough for me.

1:38 pm  
Blogger Marvin said...

you're female, that's why your only objective at 16 was to finish school. my objective at 16: get laid! ;-)

7:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home