Thursday, March 16, 2006

So what do you do ?

Why do people always insist on asking you what you do??? No matter what the circumstance, polite chit chat will always direct itself toward an enquiry about your chosen profession.

“Oh how nice to meet you”……. *uncomfortable pause*….. “ so what do you do ? “

*spasm*

“Well Bob, I’m actually a serial killer during the week and on weekends I like to randomly trip old ladies and pull the wings off flies”

WHY DO YOU CARE BOB……. WHY ?????

I mean it is the most inane question on gods earth .Who cares what I do for a living ? You certainly don’t! The discovery of my vocation can in no way enrich your life (unless of course I am a brain surgeon and you have recently realised your inherent retardation can actually be cured – which is unlikely – so I stick with my original hypothesis)

Its one of those reflex questions like:

“Hello, how are you?”

No one gives a donkeys arsehole how you really are - I mean god forbid I tell you about my blood pressure and latest bowel movement . You are supposed to respond with the customary “fine thank you and you?” –if of course vapour head even waits for an answer before launching into:

“so what do you do ??”

……“smack idiots like you upside the head …THAT is what I do ”


Dumbasses

6 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

So.........

what do you do?

6:32 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Is 'Bob' a really common name in South Africa?

12:00 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Yeah... or "What's up?"

I used to say, "The floor" but that always ended awkwardly.

10:41 am  
Blogger Child Prodigy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:33 am  
Blogger Child Prodigy said...

lol

or when people phone you and ask who's speaking ??? you phoned me arsehole ??? who were you expecting ...the talking clock ???

and as for bob ??? its not common here at all ?? don't actually know where I got bob from ?? it just sounds annoying .....

10:34 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Good choice of names then.

7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home